Youth Advisory Council
Check us out on Instagram!
Are you a high-school or college student interested in mental health in your academic community? Want to spread awareness and promote healthy well-being? Consider becoming a part of our Youth Advisory Council! We are now accepting new members; please submit the form here to reach out and learn more about this opportunity!
Through NAMI Louisville’s Youth Advisory Council, you can:
- Use your voice and story to help others.
- Promote advocacy and wellness in your community.
- Help run and create support groups for Louisville youth in need.
- Looks great on a college and/or work resume!
- Run for officer positions within the council
- Enjoy council perks and build connections with like-minded people!
The Youth Advisory Council began in June 2019 with preliminary planning between students, professional advisors, and NAMI Louisville. We have been active throughout the 2019-2020 school year and have continued our meetings through Zoom.
One of our main projects in starting youth-focused support groups. We now have a young adult support group, which is facilitated by some of the Youth Advisory Council members that are 18+. We hope to expand our projects this upcoming school year, and we could use your voice in our group!
If you are interested in receiving group support, attend our support group every-other Thursday at 5pm. (See our full schedule/info here)