How Does it Work?
How Does the Initiative Work?
The NAMI Louisville Stigma Free Workplace Initiative is a tier-based workplace certification program that helps employers, businesses, companies and organizations assist employees in need of mental health support. The program offers multiple levels of participation, depending on the size of the company and their service needs. Ultimately, companies and employees achieve a healthier understanding of mental health issues, equipping them to assist workers in crisis as well as provide resources for treatment before a crisis situation occurs. By encouraging early intervention, the overall impact of the employee’s illness is reduced, creating a compassionate work environment and saving critical time and money in the process.
NAMI Louisville is currently reaching out to area employers offering assistance and support in creating Stigma Free Workplaces across the community.
Tier 1 – Bronze
• Provide information and education to your workforce about program offerings
Tier 2 – Silver
• Host kick off meeting onsite at your organization
• Provide Stigma Free materials for distribution to your workforce
• Train Stigma Free Workplace Champion on programs and resources available
Tier 3 – Gold
• Implement a strong partnership with the employees of your organization
• Host one program annually geared directly toward your employees and their families
• Actively promote your organization as a proud sponsor of a Stigma Free workplace and include your logo on our walk sponsor poster
Tier 4 – Champion
• Deliver exceptional level of support for your organization, including as many on-site programs as necessary/possible to improve the mental health of your workplace
• Hire a Stigma Free liaison to work with you and provide training, coaching, referrals, up to 15
weeks of education programming, etc.
• Actively promote and recognize your organization’s commitment to improved mental health in our community by integrating your name and logo in all major NAMI events and communications
Current certified Stigma Free Workplace organizations: