Education & Classes
Class starting September 2nd, every Wednesday at 6pm. It will run online through Zoom.
- Open to adult loved ones of military Service Members or Veterans experiencing symptoms of a mental health condition
- Meets for twelve sessions
- Free of cost to participants
- Taught by trained family members of Service Members and Veterans living with mental health conditions
- Includes presentations, interactive experiences and group discussions
- Gain practical, up-to-date information about mental health conditions, including post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression and substance abuse
- Understand the latest treatment options, including evidence-based therapies and medications
- Discover problem-solving techniques, coping strategies and communication skills
- Find community support in a confidential setting
NAMI Family-to-Family is a free eight-week educational program for parents, siblings, spouses, teenage and adult sons and daughters, partners, significant others and extended family members who are family caregivers of adult individuals diagnosed with Schizophrenia, Major Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, Panic Disorder and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Co-Occurring Brain and Addictive Disorders.
The next class is TBA. In the meantime, check out our family support groups for anyone who wants to learn from and support others who also cope with the mental illness of a loved one.
St. Paul’s Methodist Church
2000 Douglass Blvd.
Louisville, KY 40202
Or contact NAMI Louisville at 502.588.2008 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to register for the class
NAMI Basics is a free six-week educational program for parents and caregivers of youth up to the age of 22 living with the mental health challenges of ADHD, depression, bipolar, disruptive mood dysregulation disorder, conduct disorder, oppositional defiant disorder, anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder and childhood onset schizophrenia. Handouts are provided for autism, but autism is not specifically discussed during the class. However, many children with autism have co-morbid diagnoses (or symptoms of) of ADHD, depression, and anxiety.
The next class is TBA.
9400 Mill Brook Rd.
Louisville, KY 40223
Or call 502-588-2008 to register or with any questions or email email@example.com